Thank you in advance Dr Wohl

Dr. Wohl,

I wanted to see if you could please help me with a testing question. I am extremely frightened an anxious about a possible exposure to HIV. I went to a strip club in Texas and received oral sex from a female of unknown status. I did a full battery of std exams after 10 days. results were negative. I did HIV 1 Rna by pcr quant at 19 days. The result was negative also. I did another anti body test at 27 days post exposure and it was negative. the infectious disease specialist that I visited with said that was enough testing and i was ok. I am really scared because I feel tender lymph nodes all over my body. She refused to do another PCR exam but I was able to get the nurse to order the exam and still awaiting results. I understande my stress and anxiety are working in overdrive right now. I just don't feel good at all. In your professional opinion would you say I require further testing?

Thank you so much for the work that you do!

I agree with your ID doc, you need no further testing as you are HIV negative. Oral sex from an HIV+ person will not give you HIV.

Will I get Hiv ?
Dr. Wohl - Accuracy of HIV Duo or Combi test?