Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Condom broke, 1-2 seconds exposure
Aug 19, 2012

I recently was in Thailand and had sex with a working girl. While having sex we switched positions to a doggie style sideways position. As I was inserting my penis I heard and felt the condom break and I pulled out immediately. I was inside her for 1-2 seconds of exposure inside her vagina. I am very nervous because 1.5 weeks later when I returned home I got a case of bad diarrhea and felt really tired. I went to doctor and they put me on Cipro (anti-biotic) as they thought it may be Traveler's Diarrhea/food poisioning. After taking the Cipro for 1 day my diarrhea stopped but I still feel worn out and lost some weight. How big of a risk did I put myself at with this little of exposure? When wearing a condom that does not break are you still at risk for exposure of HIV? I am going to get the 21 day HIV test and all STD's done in a few days to make sure all is ok. I am just sorta freaking out because I am sick now and they say that you get sick 1-2 weeks prior to HIV infection at times. Thank you for your time sir.. On a side note, I will never do this again as the emotional trauma leading to the test is definitely not worth it..

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The risk from a one to two second exposure would be very unlikely. If the condom had not broken the risk would be even lower.

I would suggest a test just to be certain. I am sure it will be negative.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Mutual Masturbation Risk (Pre-seminal fluid)
Next
To all volunteers to help fight hiv epidemic thank you so much

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.