HIV transmission through oral intercourse

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a male in mid-twenties. I recently had intercourse for the first time with an acquaintance of mine who is quite casual about sex and would have had it countless number of times by now, with people she barely knows. The process included receiving unprotected oral sex by me for about a minute or minute-and-a-half to provide erection (thenafter, it was with protection). Penal-Vaginal intercourse was with protection. Also, i didn't engage in providing any oral sex.

Now, i am unaware as to her HIV status. What bothers me now is the possibility of HIV transmission, if any. Also, i didn't notice any cut or any such thing on her lips or in the mouth; however, i am not sure as to that. Can you please inform me as to the possibility of such a transmission, especially with just one unprotected instance and that too for such a brief period. Further, in case i want to get tested for HIV, what all tests should i run and how long from now should i wait before i can get a definitive result, on which i can rely?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

All of these questions are clearly answered in the archives.

1. Oral sex has been and remains a low-risk activity.

2. Using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is one of the best ways to protect yourself against HIV and many STD's.

3. Three months from the incident will give conclusive results for all STD's.

In health,

Richard

can durezol cause a false positive?
multiple marriage