can durezol cause a false positive?

Hi, I took the oral HIV test and it came back positve . My question is can durezol which I had taken for 7 days, 15 days ago cause a fals e positive? I have lasik surgery and I was taking that with besivance. I had read that High-dose corticosteroids can possible cause a false positive. I'm waiting for the blood test to confirm the oral results. Thank you.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

No, the Durezol would not have any affect on your test result. If the results of the blood test come back positive, I would suggest taking a look at our Just Diagnosed section. It has a lot of information for you to look through.

If your test does come back positive I want you to know that while it will be scary, you will be OK. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't be afraid to reach out for help. You are not in this alone. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

Hiv through a cut at base of penis
HIV transmission through oral intercourse