Hiv through a cut at base of penis

Hi Richard. I am hoping you can help me with a very worrying question or 2. While in asia I went with a sex worker from that area. between 2 and 4 hours previous to that i had shaved my testilcles with an electric razor and cut the base of my penis. Maybe 2 or 3 cuts. Not too deep but they were bleeding. I didnt wash myself. I then had full sex with her with a condom. I have since read that vaginal fluids can pass the disease on. Is this true? What do you think? After the sex i had a brief shower as i was in a hurry to get out of the place. I have since rang a doctor in asia and told him the story over the phone and he said i will require testing for hiv and siphillis after 4 weeks. What is your take on this? Is this required. Do you think i could have caught hiv in this way? I didnt know that hiv could be present in vaginal discharge. Please reply to me as your the second doctor on this site i have asked, and didnt receive a reply from the first. I am going out of my mind with worry, and hope you can put my mind at rest. Thanks

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

Transmission is possible, but not likely. I do not see a problem with going in for a Syphilis and HIV test at the three month mark, just to be certain.

In health,

Richard

Need help on how to be free of std?
can durezol cause a false positive?