please give me something to put my mind at ease, i am a nervous wreck

dear doctor, just a few weeks ago i had unprotected anal sex twice with someone very close to me (i was the top), he came to me today and told me he was HIV positive after his most recent test. i did ejaculate inside of him both times right after we had finished each time i went to urinate, i plan on getting tested multiple times until i reach a final verdict, please tell me what the chances are of contracting HIV after anal intercourse i am honestly at the point to where i cannot handle it anymore, please also send me statistics, numbers the works, so i know what i'm dealing with. thank you

Hello We do know that anal sex carries the highest risk of HIV transmission and not wearing protection obviously didn't protect you. You need to be tested. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.

I recommend that you get tested and make sure you wear protection!

Be well, Shannon

Can person with undetectable viral load infect a negative person
I'm worried! I just performed cunniligus on a random prostitute in malaysia