can an autopsy tell you have hiv after being deceased one day

my grandson went into the hosp with headache not knowing he was HIV and crytcocosis so they treated him for alchol withdrawals with morphine and ativan and valium.he was in hospital 4 days in a oversedation of medicines never from 6-22 to 6-26. had autopsy done waited for 6 months for answer they stated he died from desseminated cryptocosis and hiv.why didnot they discover hiv before death so he could have been treated.can HIV be discovered positive after death?I say they oversedative him.he was partially brain dead.There was never any signs of HIV.And they did urine test

Hello I'm so sorry to hear about your grandson. Yes they can tell after death if someone had HIV from blood work. The only way to know your HIV status is to be tested. Your grandson may never have been tested or was and didn't get into care. But the only way to know if you have HIV is to ask for testing it is not something automatically done.

Peace be with you, Shannon

protect from HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases
Can person with undetectable viral load infect a negative person