HIV

I recently had two instant hiv tests and a further blood test done (venous blood sample) the nurse ask me several question about my sexual health history etc, one question was about any contraception. I said I was on the contraceptive pill as I have been for several years, however I came off it a couple of months ago but I automatically said I was on it as I'm use to saying that!

I was wondering whether it effects the test? I am worried that the lab would of seen something in my blood and put it down to taking the contraceptive pill?But I'm not taking it so the test may be incorrect? Will the lab even know I'm on the pill or not? The nurses at the clinic have assured me that the question regarding the pill was only in case I needed medication for any other sexual heatlh examinations or tests done...but I'm still worried!

Hi This is a common question to ask when getting any type of sexually transmitted infection screening. Contraceptives will not interfere with the test results.

can i have your advise
HIV from oral?