Unprotected oral sex when should I get tested/should I?

Today I made an idiot mistake in letting a prostitute female perform unprotected oral sex on me for about 5 minutes, she also let me finger her. There was no ejaculation in the mouth, but there was a lot of saliva in contact with my penis. Do I need to get tested for HIV/STD? I know the answer is probably yes, but I have read a few posts which suggest that it is not necessarily required since the risk is low? If I do need to go get tested, how long should I wait? Do I need to do the whole 1,3,6 months? I know there is no way to tell exactly tell how at risk I am, and I'm trying not to freak and and worry, so far I am okay after reading some different posts, but I feel like I am still at high risk for some reason.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

You're very right, the risk for HIV is very low from oral sex. Regular testing will let you know for sure what your status is though.

As for STDs, those are a different case. They can be transmitted much easier and oral sex definitely can have risk. For this reason, regular testing for HIV and STDs is important for all sexually active people.

This is what we recommend for all sexually active people though. Getting tested after 3 months of this incident for a full run of HIV/STDs would be good.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Needlestick injury
Seroconversion and Life expectancy