Still very very worried after more than a year

Hi, I got nobody to turn to except this honourable site. God bless you. In March 2011 i had an exposure, supposedly protected sex with an escort. After almost 5 months i started to experience some symptoms such as oral thrush and esoecially an enlarged thyroid. At the 5 months mark i decided to get tested for HIV with an antibody Elisa which came back negative. Being paranoid about the symptoms since i was diagnosed with a strep decided to test again with the same type of test at the 6 and a half months mark and also came back negative. Since that test i started to feel all the symptoms (on & off): night sweats, lymph nodes painful everywhere, mild headaches, joints pain, muscle twitching, and especially the thyroid did not change ( did a biopsy and did not show any cancer with normal and close to low tsh). I am super scared to get another test since i have an internal feeling that tells me i am positive. I would like to hear about your experiences how do you link the symptoms with the rsults and the timing. An answer is very very much appreciated.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

Protected sex is not a high-risk exposure. I would not even suggest testing for an incident of protected sex. Any testing done outside of the three month window is considered conclusive.

Bottom line: You are HIV negative from this incident.

In health,

Richard

What is my testing window?
please help me!!!!!!