Anxiety * 100

Hello. Thanks for all of your hard work. If you would please help put my mind at ease. I had unprotected sex (vaginal and oral, anal was attempted, but not a success) on May 3rd. I received a rapid test at 56 days and another at 91 days; both test were negative. Do I need to test at 6 months? Are the rapid test just as accurate as testing the conventional way? Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.

The rapid test is just as accurate and so no you do not need to be tested again at 6 months.

Be well and stay safe! Shannon

Possible pricked by someone during sleep.. possible HIV risk??
HIV Testing window