Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Possible pricked by someone during sleep.. possible HIV risk??
Aug 9, 2012

I just got out of a fright months ago, but now something new happened I went with a family close friend of my mother, and in that family is a child of my mother's best friend, the young man feel envy me because I am going to travel and I have a woman who loves me and I love you too. he knows that I was hiv negative and also knows that I have a great fear of this disease.

That night we slept in the Same room but with Different beds His Father Was Sleeping In His little bed, and the other young man in bed, and me in other,, But in the Same room.

in the morning i Realized that I was bleeding from my hand very little but it was like a shot to put in my arm ...

im scare if HE put a shot with hiv + in my arm It was a month ago, now i feel dizzy, weak, Have Herpes simplex in my nose Many things are happenig to me ....

sounds crazy but this is happening ..... Please what can i do need help. do i have to go test .. With A month After This incident?

Response from Mr. Glenn

The only way that your situation could even make sense, is if this guy somehow had a person to get this HIV+ blood from. This sounds incredibly unlikely. What's ALSO unlikely is that he'd be able to draw that person's blood into the needle, run over to you, and pierce you (without waking you!) all before the HIV in the needle died. It's true that a needle can keep HIV alive longer because it's airtight, BUT it can't keep it alive for very much longer.

Doesn't really sound possible to me.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Previous
HIV risk at clinic and from hospital workers
Next
Anxiety * 100

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.