Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Having sex with two women but only using one condom
Aug 9, 2012

Hello,my wife and I regularly engage in FFM sex, I alway use a condom with the 3rd party women involved. There has been times whilst having protected sex with our 3rd party women I've wonted to have sex breify with my wife with out removing the condom.

So my question is can the external suface on the condom transfer any STD or similar body fluids from one virgina to virgina. What risks could be involved in doing that act and would wiping clean the outside the suface of the condom assist in any transferring of any body fluids if so what should be used.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question!

Your suspicion is right, we don't talk about it often but there can be risk for STDs when you go from one vagina to another for the women involved. Especially if it's quick! STDs like HIV, Gonorrhea, and Chlamydia, which are transmitted by fluids, can travel this way.

If you want to make sure your sex is as safe as possible (for you AND your partners), you could wipe the condoms off but it'd be a lot better if you simply switched to a new condom.

At this point, it's going to be important for your wife to be tested also, to make sure that she's up to date on her sexual health.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
HIV Negative....HBsAb positive?????
Next
HIV risk at clinic and from hospital workers

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.