HIV Negative....HBsAb positive?????

Hello doctor. It has been about 7 months since my last potential exposure(s) - blowjob and condom breaking, which I pulled out immediately after I heard it occur. I got tested on August 6, got my results back today. The results are as follows:

HIV Test (Anti-HIV Elisa)= Negative

HCV test (Anti-HCV) = Negative

HBs Ab = Positive

I know that a positive HBs Ab means that a person has had an acute hepatitis b infection that they successfully fought off and thus are immune to future infections. But my question is this: Do I need to get retested for HIV again, even if it has been after 7 months?

Please reply, thank you.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is no need for you to be retested for HIV. NONE. A test after 3 months is all that's recommended after a risky exposure. You waited so much longer than that, so you're good to go. Besides, it sounds like you really had hardly an risk.

As for your Hepatitis B test, you're right.. testing positive there means that you either had Hepatitis B or got vaccinated.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Question about HIV test
Having sex with two women but only using one condom