Question about HIV test
Aug 8, 2012
Hi Dr, would like to ask about the type of HIV testing. as what i know, there are several types of HIV test, PCR, duo test and so? what is the differences between each test? i had did one a simple test, which is a needle prick and wait for 15 minutes. what is this test? i did it on my 90th day post exposure and came back negative. how accurate is the result?
Response from Mr. Cordova
Check out this great section on HIV test types from Avert.org. An antibody test done at the 90 day mark can be considered conclusive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Can Lymph Node Discomfort Come And Go?
- Can You Get Hiv From Breast Milk In The Eye?
- Does HIV Cause High Blood Pressure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.