saliva on a cigarette.
Aug 8, 2012
can someone contract hiv from sharing one cigarette with someone how is infected when their saliva was on the cigarette shared.
Response from Mr. Cordova
No. You cannot transmit HIV via saliva on a cigarette. Only four fluids are able to transmit the virus. Those four fluids are blood, semen, vaginal secretions, and breast milk. HIV is found in saliva, but not in sufficient enough quantities to cause an infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Swollen Lymph Nodes A Symptom Of HIV?
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.