Aug 5, 2012
dear doctor I am a male 32years. how many years does HIV symptoms or signs appear when you have unprotected sex with HIV person?
i had unprotected sex in 1996 and i didnt know her status can i live upto this time without any sign? (no serious illness or taking any medication) this thing has been troubling me on my mind please kindly help. thank you in advance. kaumba
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi You can live with HIV for a long time before it compromises your immune system to the point of starting to have illnesses. The only way to truly know is to get HIV testing done. Because if you are HIV positive you want to be on meds and taking care of yourself because we know that once someone knows their status being on meds increases the positive outcomes and extending life! Which is want we want!
Be well and get tested! Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- How Does Cervical Cancer Affect Your Reproductive System?
- What Does It Mean When You Have A Discharge But No Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.