HIV transmission Household setting

Hi there, I'm an HIV positive guy on ART 5 years and undetectable.

I'm living with family at the moment, with my nephew who comes over to stay occasionally. My mind has recently started racing about HIV transmission in household settings, if I ever get a cut or scratch I always make sure I put on plasters (I'm from the UK). Recently my young nephew has developed swollen neck lymph glands with some sleight weight loss - and is seeing a doctor about it.

I have read all the past responses about household setting and HIV transmission but last night I was having a cry about what if's - have I ever had a cut I've not noticed and someone come into contact etc..

From a worried uncle. Would really appreciate a response as you can probably tell I'm a little upset at the moment.

Hi The risk of HIV transmission in a household setting is nil! There has to be a direct exchange of body fluid. It is just not possible to happen in your type of setting. Your nephew is a kid and they get sick all the time just like you would even if you did not have HIV. Rest assured that your nephew has not gotten HIV from any of the experiences that you have described!

very worry about my hiv test.
hiv infection