very worry about my hiv test.

my partner just had an hiv test and his cd4 count wss 220 and we beaning together for 8 years,we have 3 kids waiting i have not sleep with anyone apart from him and he knows that,with his cd4 count of 220 do i have hiv.ples help me out this do my kids have hiv too.

Hi I'm assuming his HIV test came back positive and you are not just looking at his cd4 count. Because everyone has a cd4 count. If his test is HIV positive then yes you need to get tested! Depending on your test results will determine whether or not if your kids need to be tested. If he does have HIV than getting on medications and being adherent to them is extremely important not just for his health but for yours as well. If his viral load is undetectable than the risk of HIV transmission to you is less than 4%. So you stay safe as well. You need to continue getting yourself educated as well but this does not mean that your life with him needs to change. There are many sero different couples, or what my husband and I call ourselves, magnetic that are healthy and happy and living life. You just need to get yourself tested to be sure that you are taking care of yourself as well. Please continue to write and ask questions.

Be well stay safe, Shannon

Worried for getting massage from sex worker
HIV transmission Household setting