Aug 5, 2012
Hey, I am in a lesbian relationship and my parner and I engage in sexual activities at least once a day. Sometimes I wake up to find my parner scissoring me, her pussy rubbing against mine, or licking my clitoris. Will these activities possibly lead to an STI? Is it bad to perform these activities multiple times a day?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
If you and your partner are HIV-negative, and monogamous, then no worries. Otherwise, you should know that the risk of HIV transmission from one woman to another is considered very low. That means not zero. Sex toys seem to facilitate transmission but scissoring can theoretically carry risk.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Location On The Body Does Shingles Occur?
- What Kind Of Antibiotics Should Be Used To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Difference Between Having Hpv And Being Exposed?
- What If My Herpes Culture Came Back Negative?
- What If I Have Just Herpes 1 But Not 2?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.