Aug 5, 2012
I recently deep kissed with someone, she had an open wound in her gums and she bleed. i'm afraid i swallowed some of that blood. Is there a risk of getting HIV these way?
Response from Dr. Wohl
Unlikely. If you have not had an HIV test in the past year you could use this as an excuse to do so now and again in a few weeks. But, risk is really very low.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Underlying Conditions Cause Candidiasis?
- How Long Does Hiv Live On Surfaces?
- Why Do I Get Shingles Even After I Have Had The Vaccination?
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What To Expect From First Herpes Outbreak?
- What Kind Of Medication Does A Doctor Prescribe For Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.