cryotherapy and acquisition of hiv through eye conjunctiva

I was performing cryotherapy on the perianal warts of a hiv positive individual close to his anal mucosa. I tilted the cryogun and the valve released a huge burst of plume into my eye. I am now taking PEP as a precaution. Could you please tell me 1)if the hiv virus can survive in the plume of liquid nitrogen 2)am I at risk of contracting hiv through the plume which may have had contact with the anal mucosa and warts of the hiv positive individual. I did not wash my eyes which I should have in retrospect

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

HIV is a very delicate virus. I highly doubt that it would survive in a situation like this. In the future, safety goggle might be helpful when performing procedures like this.

In health,

HPV or genital herpes.
Anal sex fail, still at risk for HIV?