cryotherapy and acquisition of hiv through eye conjunctiva

I was performing cryotherapy on the perianal warts of a hiv positive individual close to his anal mucosa. I tilted the cryogun and the valve released a huge burst of plume into my eye. I am now taking PEP as a precaution. Could you please tell me 1)if the hiv virus can survive in the plume of liquid nitrogen 2)am I at risk of contracting hiv through the plume which may have had contact with the anal mucosa and warts of the hiv positive individual. I did not wash my eyes which I should have in retrospect

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

HIV is a very delicate virus. I highly doubt that it would survive in a situation like this. In the future, safety goggle might be helpful when performing procedures like this.

In health,

Richard

HPV or genital herpes.
Anal sex fail, still at risk for HIV?