Window Period..Confuse

Dear Sir

My 3 weeks Rapid Test was non-reactive, 6 weeks HIV RNA PCR Test was undetected (i have been informed that -20copies is undetected) and my 96 days standard antibody was non-reactive. My risks is 1 minutes vaginal intercourse with commercial sex worker. How do you think sir.. am i HIV-? if you consider that i am HIV-, what test considered as the basis for your opinion sir.., my HIV RNA PCR or my 96 days test?

based on your theoritical and practice experience, is there any case when a person negative 6 months after possible exposure change into + after such period?

In indonesia the guideline from health department is: a test result at 3 months or after 3 months from possible exposure is conclusive, but some counselor in VCT (Voluntary Conseling and Testing for HIV)state that window period for HIV is 6 months, 5 years??? even some of them propose to test every 3 months for 2 years?!!!!

Please we here, need your opinion SIR.

thank you for your full dedication in HIV prevention and treatment. God bless you

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

To my knowledge, there has never been a case of a test coming back reactive more than six months after the infection. Three months in considered conclusive. It is possible that the people you have talked to are using outdated or incorrect information.

In health,

Richard

Risk of Infection from Scratch Immediately After He Used Restroom
To "woo-hoo" or not to "woo-hoo"