Risk of Infection from Scratch Immediately After He Used Restroom

At work today I was giving a can of soda to a young gentlemen... It was about to fall so we both went in to grab it at the same time. While doing so, he scratched my knuckle. This was immediately after he got out of the restroom (did not hear him wash his hands)... A minute after this happened, I washed my hands, used non-alcoholic sanitizer & cleaned the area around the cut with alcohol swabs.

The cut did not bleed, it's more of a scrape. It's a bit red and irritated and there is some skin missing (the diameter of a pea, but not deep enough to bleed)...

I can see that scratching is not generally considered a means of infection, but seeing that he was using the restroom just before the incident has really freaked me out...

Is there any chance that this incident could be a risk for infection of HIV or Hepatitis, or anything else serious?

I tend to work myself up into severe anxiety over stuff like this, so advice is really needed here.

Thank you so much!

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is no risk from the situation you're talking about. None.

Let me correct a piece of misinformation. You said "scratching is not generally considered a means of infection." Scratching is never a means to get HIV. NEVER IS. Cutting on the other hand could make us curious, but that's not at all what you're talk about.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Test?
Window Period..Confuse