HIV from tatoo needle?

About 5 years ago I got a tattoo in Panama City. I'm pretty sure it was a new needle and ink, but I'm not 100% sure. Ive heard it is nearly impossible to get HIV from a tattoo needle, as it is a fragile virus that dies within a minute or two in open air. In the 5 years I've had no symptoms. A year ago I also got a CBC blood test (nothing abnormal found), and was vaccinated against yellow fever and typhoid (which I've been told would have adverse effects for a person infected with HIV for several years)without any reaction. Should I be worried, or am I just paranoid?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

You are correct. The virus dies very quickly after leaving the human body. I am sure there was no risk in this situation.

I am concerned that you haven't had an HIV test in five years though. Unless you have been abstinent, I would suggest a full round of STD screening, including HIV every six months to a year. It's the responsible thing to do.

In health,

Richard

Worried please help
Crotch pressed on nose