|gel that prevents hiv transmission
Jul 29, 2012
I am hiv positive and my husband is negative, we want to have a child, is there a gel that can help my husband prevent the transmission?
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi There is no gel to protect your husband. This is a conversation to have with a HIV OBGYN specialist. You can have children but just need to ensure that you are the right treatment and that your virus is under control. We are close to having a microbicide to prevent HIV transmission but we are just not there yet.
I have worked with several women who have had children and in fact my co worker who is positive and her husband negative just had a baby a week ago. It is possible.
Be well and much luck, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Spots After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- What Is The Most Common Std In The United States?
- What Will Happen If You Don't Treat Genital Warts?
- Are Pep Treatments Effective If Given Within Enough Time?
- Are Purple Bumps On Side Of Mouth Cheeks A Sign Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.