hiv testing and risk

I am a healthcare worker who was recently exposed to a blood splash to the face. I am not sure if it entered my eyes or mouth. I have two questions. I am waiting not only for the patients results, but mine as well. I won't have the results for a week and it is making me depressed. Question 1, what are the chances that if the patients rapid hiv was negative that the elisa and or wb will be positive? question 2, i am also concerned about my results, not because I think i am positive, but because it is scary waiting for results. If my test were to be positive I would have been infected 11-13 years ago, is it possible to be positive for this long and not show any symptoms at all? I have never had an abnormal pap, std, or serious/frequent yeast infections or any other extreme illness. I am a 35yr old female. Thanks in advance

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

If the person was infected in the past three months, it is possible for their rapid test to come back negative, but their Western Blot to come back positive. It is unlikely that you would have been infected that long ago and not shown any symptoms.

Given their negative rapid test, it is likely that they are negative and so are you.

In health,

Richard

black discharge...
Sex with a brothel lady