Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV most common and assured symptoms
Jul 29, 2012

Dear Doctor Shannon

Good day... First of all I would like to thank you for this great job in helping people, I wish all the success.

I am a male with 37 years old. Three weeks ago I experienced oral sex with a female and this ended up in ejaculation in the female mouth.

I have no idea if she is or not infected with any diseases, but due to this fear I have checked several medical websites involved in this sector which all were saying that AIDS symptoms are: Fever, headache, tiredness, nausea, diarrhea, enlarged lymph nodes in the neck, etc ...

My question is: Since that incident day, none of the above mentioned symptoms have been faced except that I faced only headache which would come and go randomly.

So, according to your experience, according to your records, your studies, your analysis, your knowledge... Would you consider this headache which only showed up alone as a serious symptom or no, as far as no other signs have really been faced. Please take into your kind consideration that during this period I have been under a massive stress due to the fear of this nightmare.

What is the most common and assured symptom that should be encountered if infected in HIV.

Appreciate your kind consideration of my question

Awaiting your kind reply as I am really facing trouble times with fear and anxiety

Thanks in advance Best regards

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi We know that oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission whether the giver or the receiver has HIV. If this was your only experience than rest easy you do not have HIV from this experience.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
ARS symptoms or not, TOTALLY ANXIOUS
Next
virgin condom slip

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.