Scared of HIV due to symptoms

Hi Doc,

This is raghu

I had a protected sex with a sex worker on 28 jan 2012, Mild stomach pain with loose bowels started and it persist till todat at 6th month, and i have hairy tounge no thrush, small lump on back of neck (it give pain for neck movement) and groin,no fever, no rash, some szeezing is there,i have tested at 4 months by elisa HIV1 and 2--negetive, 4 and half month Elisa hiv1 and 2 --Non reactive and now at 6 month ECLIA HIV1 and 2 with p24 antigen Nehetive.

I am a healthy person before that but smoking 3-4 sig per day.

1.do i need to retest for HIV, if so which test i can go for.

2.if it is not HIV wht may be the cause of my symptoms.

3. I had tested for EBV and results is as fallows EBV CA TGG positive, EBV EA IGG --positive and EBV IGM---negetive.

4.Does my symtoms are due to this or can it effect my HIV antibody test results.

Please help me really worried

Hi Your history of tests results are showing that you are HIV negative from your experience. Plus you had protected sex. 1. You do not need to retest for HIV 2. You need to follow up with your health care provider for the continued symptoms that you are experiencing. 3. These are results to go over with your healthcare provider 4. Your symptoms would not create a false negative or false positive of your HIV test. The test is seeing if your body is creating antibodies against HIV. Having something else going on in your body will not affect the results.

testing
hiv test