Scared of HIV after potential exposure

Hi i have posted once before about me being stupid and having sex with a prostitute but used a condom in bali... since then it has been two weeks and i have constant headaches, a stiff neck in the middle of the night, always tiered and just so scared.. i cant handle it. how accurate would a antibody test be at two weeks and 4 weeks as not had one yet but really want to get tested cant handle the not knowing. as in bali they only have the antibody test not the 4th generation antibody antigen test. i ave also got a few small lymphnodes in my neck and groin pain.... i am stressing out i cant concentrate or think straight. any advice please.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

Condoms are one of the BEST ways to protect yourself against HIV. If you used a condom then I do not think you have cause for concern. Is it possible that there is something else causing these symptoms? It could be physical or even mental. You open your question up with "me being stupid and having sex with a prostitute". This tells me that you might be feeling bad about this incident. Letting anxiety and stress take over your life can cause all sorts of problems, including some of the sypmptoms you described. If these symptoms persist, I would suggest a visit to rule out other possible causes besides HIV. Since you used a condom, I do not think transmission occurred during this incident.

HIV testing done at 28 days will give you a good indicator of what to expect at the 90 day mark but you must wait until 90 days for a conclusive result.

In health,

Richard

How fast can herpes spread?
HIV RISK Question DUO TEST 4 and 6 weeks