How fast can herpes spread?

I had sex with my boyfriend recently and he was a virgin. I am not but have herpes and haven't told him yet. Its been about two days and he says he has a hemroid on his ass but Im afraid I could have spread this to him, does it happen that fast?? Could he have herpes now

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

It is possible, but highly unlikely that he would be experiencing a outbreak within two days. In addition, the primary outbreak of Herpes is usually the worst for most people and is commonly accompanied by muscle aches, headache, fatigue, and swollen lymph nodes.

Using a condom, suppressive therapy, and avoiding sexual contact during an active outbreak are all ways you can reduce the likelihood of transmitting the virus.

It's time to tell your partner about your Herpes infection. It's never an easy conversation to have, but a necessary one. Your boyfriend might be upset that you didn't tell him before engaging in sexual activity. Be prepared for him to be upset, give him some space, and hopefully the two of you can work through this together. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

Condom broke during anal
Scared of HIV after potential exposure