Accidentally used the towel of a promiscuous roommate

Hello there,

Last week, my co-workers and I attended an out-of-town conference and I ended up sharing a hotel room with my gay co-worker, who's known in the office for being promiscuous. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I accudentally used his used towel one day, which I used to wipe almost every inch of my body, including my face and my private parts.

I'm not sure if there was any blood or semen on the towel since it was dark colored, but it did kinda smell sweaty. Anyway, if he is hiv positive, do I have any reason to be concerned? I don't want to sound like a bigot because I am gay myself. I'm just really bothered. Thanks a lot for your response.

Response from Mr. Glenn

It's important for you to understand two things:

1) There is no risk of getting HIV from sharing towels or any other personal items with someone. NONE.

2) Being promiscuous has absolutely no impact on whether someone has HIV. It's really important to check those kind of assumptions at the door. The thing that makes a difference is whether they have tons of unprotected sex and even then there's no guarantee that they would have HIV.

Erik

Safe 'non sex'?
reliability of hiv rapid test at 29 weeks