Accidentally used the towel of a promiscuous roommate
Jul 28, 2012
Last week, my co-workers and I attended an out-of-town conference and I ended up sharing a hotel room with my gay co-worker, who's known in the office for being promiscuous. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I accudentally used his used towel one day, which I used to wipe almost every inch of my body, including my face and my private parts.
I'm not sure if there was any blood or semen on the towel since it was dark colored, but it did kinda smell sweaty. Anyway, if he is hiv positive, do I have any reason to be concerned? I don't want to sound like a bigot because I am gay myself. I'm just really bothered. Thanks a lot for your response.
Response from Mr. Glenn
It's important for you to understand two things:
1) There is no risk of getting HIV from sharing towels or any other personal items with someone. NONE.
2) Being promiscuous has absolutely no impact on whether someone has HIV. It's really important to check those kind of assumptions at the door. The thing that makes a difference is whether they have tons of unprotected sex and even then there's no guarantee that they would have HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What To Do If Antibiotics Not Helping Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Color Is Discharge From Herpes?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- What Can Cause Herpes False Positive?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- Treating Late Stage Gonorrhea
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.