Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Safe 'non sex'?

Jul 28, 2012

Im very careful when I have any sexual activity, even to the point, that I dont have 'sex', ie, oral or intercourse. All my playing with others is either mutual masterbation, or me getting just a massage and hand job. I do this as I thought it was the best way to practice safe sex - or I guess, safe "non sex". So thats what happened the other night, I received a massage with massage oil, and hand job. The girl wanted to finger me, so I insisted on her using a condom. So she put a couple fingers in the condom, and was penatrating me, while also rubbing my penis with the other hand. At some point, she must have thought the massage oil wasnt enough, so she spit on my penis. I dont believe it landed directly in my uretha, but im not really sure. After the fact, since I wasnt really watching her all that much, I now am wondering if she also spit on the outside of the condom that her fingers were in, that was in me, to lubricate that more too. IF she did that, and/or her saliva did in fact enter my urethra, am I at any risk at all for HIV being transmitted? Also, just as important, Ive read recently how much more transmittable Hepatitis is, compared to HIV. Would there have been any risk at all of Hepatitis, if either one of these things I mentioned occurred under these conditions? Thanks for your help, and I thought I was being so careful!

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your questions,

You were being careful. There was no risk from anything you did. None. Sounds like you're nervous about getting HIV from saliva? There's no risk of getting HIV from saliva. It's well documented and irrefutable.

You might ask: what if there are trace amounts of blood in the saliva? If there were enough blood in the saliva to infect you, you'd see it.. at that point you wouldn't even call it saliva anymore.. you're say "she spit out blood." This didn't happen, you didn't have risk.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
Did this compromise safe sex
Next
Accidentally used the towel of a promiscuous roommate

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.