No risk, high anxiety for HIV **please answer regarding concern for my infant**

Hello~ I have asked this question a few times and would greatly appreciate any feedback you can provide, as I have been very scared for my child.

We were playing at a friends house, and my friends husband picked up my baby to hand her to me. He had a cut on the top of his hand that was 1 to 2 days old from getting scratched by a tree branch when cutting down a tree. My baby's hand touched right over his wound when he picked her up, and then she put her fingers in her mouth. What scares me is that his wound was still pretty fresh, only being 1-2 days old, and it could have still been leaking a little blood or fluid, especially because we were playing with a slip n' slide, and the water can make a scab moist, and rub off easier. Also, my baby has been teething terrible, and her gums have been bleeding and swollen, and then she chewed on her fingers.

I have just been so scared for her and the chance of HIV, Hep C or Hep B. She has had her Hep B vaccine, but she had just received her last shot a few days before this happened.

I just want to know if there is any risk from this, as even the smallest risk concerns me. My child's doctor said testing would not be needed from something like this, but if there is even a small risk, I am concerned I should get her tested. Please help!!! Thank you!

Response from Mr. Glenn

It sounds like you're have difficulty trusting the experts around you that are saying there's no risk here. I could repeat over and over that there's no risk, but I wonder if that's going to help you find relief? We want you to feel better for the long term.. not just for a little while after you get an answer.

You can continue to ask the same questions over and over, but the answers will always be the same..

The alternative is to find a trusted person you can talk to (preferably a mental health professional) who can help you learn how to manage your anxiety and worry. If you have insurance you can check your network, if not there may be resources in the community.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Is it possible? HIV from swimming at the beach?
Rimming and Cold Sore