|Can you catch a std through public restrooms?
Jul 24, 2012
I was working and changing the toilet paper the holder fell on my hands cutting me. Im very concerned cause the holder is right beside the toilet. People use all the time. Could I catch a std from this? I know urine can sometimes splash when the toilet is flushed and Id rather be safe than sorry.
| Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello- No this would not constitute a risk for HIV. There is no evidence that HIV has been transmitted through casual contact/contact with objects in the day-to-day environment. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts When Giving Oral Sex?
- 90 Day HIV Test After Protected Sex
- A Man Living With Hiv Wants A Baby
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.