Party Safety

I took a sip of beer out of someone else's cup at a party. Assuming this person is infected with HIV, could the virus be transmitted via saliva. Also, if the person is bleeding at the mouth, how much blood is needed to infect another person? I know it's paranoid, but that's just the kind of person I am. Thanks.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

Saliva cannot transmit the virus. Only blood, semen, breast milk, and vaginal secretions can. It's hard to say exactly how much blood it would take for transmission to occur, but it would not take a lot.

In this situation, you would not be at risk for infection. Even if there was blood on the cup, any virus present in the blood would start to die the moment it left the persons body. It would not be able to infect you.

In health,

Richard

sex with two girls..
CHLAMYDIA (question never asked/answered)