Can I get HIV through toilet splash?

Hi, very sorry if this has been brought up before, but I am concerned due to the specific conditions as I was using a toilet with someone else's blood in it, had splashback and as I have anal fissures, I was worried about HIV infection?

Thank you so much for this.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for you question,

There's no risk from the situation you're describing. None. You're right, we've covered similar situations here in the past, but I understand if it's more comforting to get an individualized answer.

Basically, even if there were blood from an HIV positive person in the toilet there'd be no way for it to infect you. This is because of a lot of things: way too much time had passed since the blood would have left the other person's body, the temperature of the water would most certainly kill the HIV, the water would have diluted the blood to such a degree that there wouldn't be enough to infect someone. Each one of these three reasons alone is enough to tell us "no risk." And they're ALL true in your situation.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Scared, i'm not making this mistake again
What is the probability of HIV transmission from one episode of unprotected vaginal intercourse?