The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Scared, i'm not making this mistake again

Jul 22, 2012

Hello doc,

I m rag from India, on Jan 28 2012 i had a protected sex with pros whos HIV status is unknown, After 10 Days i have developed a dierreha and loose stools and its still there, and i am having mild upper central abdominal pain till today and developed small swollen node in back side of neck and groin (no pain) but stiff neck (this swell appeared after 5 months) and no rash, no fever, having muscle pains and loss of appetite, tough is like hairy but not white coated, Had 2 antibody HIV test at 4 and half month (13/6/2010 and 17/062010), what is the possibilities of HIV, please answers, i am very scared.DO i need to retest gain.also i m having low ESR count (2mm/hr)

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

If you had protected sex with prostitute of unknown HIV status, you were not at risk because it was protected. That's a great thing! Using protection is a great way to keep yourself safe.

It was no surprise that your tests came back negative, because you didn't have the opportunity to get HIV in the first place. (YOU HAVE NO NEED TO GET TESTED)

It might take you awhile to come to terms with this. It sounds like you've been worried for so long. If you find that you can't stop worrying about this.. it might be helpful to talk to a professional who can help you come to terms with your lack of risk.

Hope this helps!


Symptoms after Protected sex
Can I get HIV through toilet splash?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint