Totally freaking OUT!!!

Ok so, 2 weeks ago I had protected anal sex with another man as the reciever. The first condom we used broke but he discovered it and replaced it with a new one. some pre-ejaculate might have been on my anus during foreplay and that could have been inserted in me when he went in. Even with the condom on, he didn't ejaculate in me and I gave him oral before he ejaculated. He pulled my head away before he ejaculated. At first I wasn't worried but now I'm freaking out because he told me he's had at least FIFTEEN other partners and he was only my second. I'm also scared because a few days later I got a cold sore for the first time EVER! I'm worried that the condom breaking could have exposed me to HIV, if indeed he is positive because he's unaware of his HIV status.

So doc, what should I do???!!!!! I'm freaking out!!!!!! What are my risks of being infected?!?! Please help!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

The risk of transmission was low in this situation. This was a one-time occurrence, and it sounds like he put a new condom on quickly enough. However, since the condom did break, there was a risk. An HIV test at the three month mark will give you a conclusive result.

In regards to the cold sore, it is quite possible (and likely) that you were exposed to the Herpes virus at some other time, and it is just now manifesting itself. Oral Herpes is very common. There are a few over the counter treatments that you can use to shorten the duration of the outbreak.

In health,

Richard

I just found out my boyfriend is HIV postive
Symptoms after Protected sex