Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Desperately trying to find some answeres but nobody answers
Jul 22, 2012

I have sent already two times my quesiotns regarding my concerns and nobody has answered. I know you all are pretty busy but I am desperate and in the verge of a serious nervous breakdown., hope this time I get some answers, cause I really need them. I have 2 events that really worry me, becasue of symptoms presented 3 weeks after sexual encounters. First event, had sex with a gril, condomo protected, hse got her period during this act, noticed it until I got my thing out of her cavity, saw the blood and all, removed it with toilet paper, the condom did not look broken. 3 1/2 weeks after this, I got a sore burning throat for 2 days, then had some stuffy running nose, and finally a semi productive cough that lasted for about a week. Did not notice any fever nos rash. Second event, had a one minute unprotected vaginal sex with a girl, later put on a condom, rest of sex waas protected, dondom did not break. Exactly 3 weeks after this, got a sore burning throat again, did not hurt when swallowing, just had that burning senstion ion the back of my throat, second day developed a dry cough that lasted for 5 days, no fever again. Only had sore throat and a dry cough. Please, do my symptoms sound like ARS, in both cases, they happened during the 2-4 weeks period. I am so afraid I might have gotten HIV, constantly looking at the web and hoping to find some reassurance. Are these ARS symptoms? they fell in the timeframe suggested for ARS. Am I infected? I nknow symptoms mean squat, regarding HIV, but at least they can give you a clue. Please, answer me, need someone knowledgeable to tell me something. Thank you

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

Transmission is unlikely in either of the situations you described. An HIV test at the three month mark will give you a conclusive answer.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Ice cubes
Next
I just found out my boyfriend is HIV postive

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.