Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

To worry or not to worry concerning ars
Jul 19, 2012

So a month or so ago I had sex with a man and tried anal for the first time. He put a latex condom on and some lubricant and then attempted to enter me which hurt and so I stopped it. He attempted to go in and I was sore but it was very quick. I then put a condom on and topped him. From what I remember the condom was intact; however after I finished I don't remember exiting right away and even though I had a condom (latex) I had a fear that maybe I went flaccid and was still in him - perhaps losing the condom in the process

I know I was safe and wasn't worried until not now when I have been experiencing a swollen painful pain on my left side under my jaw, headaches, and nausea with a want to vomit. Also, I noticed 2 red bumps that did not hurt: one by my belly button and another under my neck along with itchyness all over and only once waking up with night sweats. No major sore throat and these symptoms have shown up not at once but little by little.

I would never practice unsafe sex and while i remember all of this happening with protection all these symptoms have me worried. What if the other guy didn't really put a condom on? what if my condom fell or even broke? Even though I feel I was safe, this symptoms I'm feeling have me worried.

I hope you can respond to me as this has me on edge and sadly more and more worried.

Thank you for your help.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

It sounds like you effectively protected yourself against HIV. I would not be concerned. If your symptoms continue I would suggest a trip to your doctor to determine other possible causes.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Protected sex with Prostitute in Bali!
Next
Can sucking nipples cause Aids

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.