Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How to forget about the past
Jul 14, 2012

My gfriend has infected with HIV Jan2012. She is very distressed about the stupid action. She is fully depressed and could not sleep well. She is wake up 2 to 3 times every night think about what has happened and how stupid she was, etc., She has taken sleeping tablets for 2 to 3 days and found there is not much effect. Her mind is not in stable state. She is on holidays at present and not enjoying the holidays cos of the stupid action she has experienced without a condom. She is employed in a public company and she was wondering how she can cope with work when she get back to work after her holidays...What do u suggests for her to over come this problems specially forgetting the past..Your comments and advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi The first year after finding out about your diagnosis I believe is the most difficult. I have now been positive for over 20 years. The most important thing to remember is that there is life after diagnosis. Getting in with a good health care provider and understanding the need to continue taking HIV medication and adhering them is very important. We all make mistakes and it is learning from them. Getting mental health support and/or finding a support group with others that are positive would be a great way for her to learn how others have been able to move forward.

Be well and thanks for staying by her side and supporting her, Shannon

Previous
plzzz help me outt
Next
i am clear?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.