How to forget about the past

My gfriend has infected with HIV Jan2012. She is very distressed about the stupid action. She is fully depressed and could not sleep well. She is wake up 2 to 3 times every night think about what has happened and how stupid she was, etc., She has taken sleeping tablets for 2 to 3 days and found there is not much effect. Her mind is not in stable state. She is on holidays at present and not enjoying the holidays cos of the stupid action she has experienced without a condom. She is employed in a public company and she was wondering how she can cope with work when she get back to work after her holidays...What do u suggests for her to over come this problems specially forgetting the past..Your comments and advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Hi The first year after finding out about your diagnosis I believe is the most difficult. I have now been positive for over 20 years. The most important thing to remember is that there is life after diagnosis. Getting in with a good health care provider and understanding the need to continue taking HIV medication and adhering them is very important. We all make mistakes and it is learning from them. Getting mental health support and/or finding a support group with others that are positive would be a great way for her to learn how others have been able to move forward.

Be well and thanks for staying by her side and supporting her, Shannon

plzzz help me outt
i am clear?