accidentally drank vomit

Hi, there. I went out with my friends last night to some nightclub and it was really dark inside. someone thrown up in my glass while I was going to the toilet. I came back and drank a drink from my glass and I found that there was a vomit in it. I ran to bathroom and washing my mouth with tap water several times and followed by drinking lots of water to clear my throat. By the way, I have a small cold sore inside of my bottom lip. Is everything going to be alright or should I see a doctor? Thanks in advance

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there Despite the fact that you drank someone's vomit, everything is going to be okay. Assuming that the person who vomited was HIV positive and assuming that there was blood in the tiny amount of vomit that made it into your glass, the likelihood of you getting the virus is really low. The mouth is a very ineffective medium for transmitting HIV. In fact, once the virus leaves the body, transmission becomes increasingly difficult. Parting advice: you should finish your drink before heading to the bathroom. Take care, LHW

unprotected oral and protected anal
Do I have a Chance of HIV Infection or AIDS