Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

AM I NEGATIVE? SHOULD I TEST AGAIN NOW?

I HAD PROTECTED VAGINAL SEX AND UNPROTECTED LONG TIME ORAL SEX WITH A WOMAN THAT IS POSITIVE TO HIV. SHE TOLD ME AFTER. I GOT TESTED TWICE.

I AM CONFUSED ABOUT THE EXACT DATE OF THE CONTACT. I KNOW FOR SURE THAT IT HAPPENED NOT EARLIER THAN "3 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS" BEFORE MY FIRST TESTING. I REMEMBER THAT IT HAPPENED "5 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS" BEFORE BUT I AM NOT SURE, SO I DO MY CALCULATIONS WITH THE WORST SCENARIO(3 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS).

SO...

1ST TESTING AFTER 3 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS - NEGATIVE (ELISA value:0.05). ALSO NEGATIVE FOR ALL STD'S

~ 10 DAYS AFTER... I GOT ILL, LOSS OF WEIGHT, SORE THROAT ~ 5 DAYS AFTER... MY HEALTH IS FINE

2ND TESTING 3 WEEKS AFTER THE FIRST TEST - NEGATIVE (ELISA value:0.05). (6 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS TOTALLY)

SO I HAVE TWO NEGATIVE TESTS (IN 3 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS AND IN 6 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS) BOTH WITH SAME LOW NEGATIVE VALUE

MY DOCTOR TOLD ME TO FORGET ABOUT IT AND FIND A GIRLFRIEND ALWAYS USING CONDOM. THE DOCTOR TOLD ME TO TEST IN NOVEMBER IN ORDER TO CLOSE THIS CHAPTER FINALLY. IT HAS BEEN OVER 40 DAYS SINCE MY LAST CHECK AND I STILL CAN'T SLEEP EASILY. I AM THINKING OF ANOTHER TEST NOW.

PLEASE TELL ME SHOULD I WAIT UNTIL NOVEMBER OR SHOULD I TEST NOW? HOW POSSIBLE IS IT TO BE POSITIVE AFTER EVERYTHING THAT I DESCRIBED YOU. PLEASE ANSWER TO MY QUESTIONS I WILL BE GRATEFULL

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Hi First oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. The second is testing. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you. If at the 3 month mark from the time of exposure you test come back HIV negative then so are you.

I hope this helps, be well and stay safe, Shannon

6th Time asking and No Answer Please Help
please help!!!! hiv worried and window period