french kissing with bleeding gums

hi Shannon thank you for your response so quickly. I had a questions about bleeding gums and french kissing. I did test negative a year later from kissing this guy that I did not know. got back with my husband and he just got tested a couple of months ago and it was negative my questions is can hiv take over a year to show up in your blood?

Hi No it will show up within 3 months of exposure. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you. If there have been no other exposures during the 3 months then you are fine.

window period
Questions