HELP One swollen tonsil + flu two weeks after possible exposure

Hello, I would really appreciate if you answered this question. Please answer it, I'm very worried and haven't seen a question specifically like mine yet.

Firstly, I had an encounter with a man (I'm male too) in Thailand almost two weeks ago. We had oral sex and a fair bit of frottage. I noticed a very tiny bit of blood on my toilet paper afterwards when going to the toilet - not sure if it was present during frottage but if it was, there was precum on the tip of his penis and that would've touched the small cut if it were there. Not sure of his HIV status, but assuming he ~was HIV+, I could have been exposed, right? I know that the man I slept with has had multiple sexual partners. Although he said he was HIV- when I asked him, he could've been lying or he might not have had any recent tests.

Now, almost two weeks on, I have a severely sore throat, two little ulcers in my mouth and a runny nose with dark green snot of a night time. I am also severely fatigued and keep needing to go to sleep during the day. My left tonsil is very swollen, pushing my uvula slightly to the right-hand side, and my right tonsil is just a little bit swollen. It is quite red and there doesn't appear to be any exudate.

My two questions are:

1) Was I ever exposed to HIV and how likely would it have been that I contracted it during that exposure?

2) Do my current symptoms at all seem like they could be ARS?

Thank you and I really appreciate this question being answered,

- Me.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- Frottage is typically considered a low risk activity (along the lines of mutual masturbation) and it is unlikely that you would have been infected with HIV in the activity you describe. Certainly the symptoms you describe are consistent with ARS, though the runny nose with increased nasal discharge is not common. My guess is that you have an upper respiratory infection but certainly being evaluated mainly to reassure yourself and get medication to treat your symptoms if needed, is never a bad idea. Take care and feel better, LHW

for answer
vitamin d deficiency