Insertive Oral Sex HIV Negative at 12 weeks

Okay, this is going to be a long and specific question. 13 weeks ago, I had insertive oral sex with a Kenyan woman. I came in her mouth.

About 7 weeks after this, I began to have really strong abdominal cramps, very bad diarrhea, then malaise, fever, night sweats and chills. I went to the doctor and they said that they saw e histolytica spores in my stool samples. They also ran other blood tests. They said that all of my symptoms were due to amebiasis, and prescribed me with flagyl and ciproflaxin. I had been taking doxycylcine for 5 months as a malaria prophylaxis at that point as well. I understand that these are some very strong antibiotics.

A week after this episode, I developed a mad case of oral thrush. The doctors said that it was due to my antibiotics. This made sense to me. But, at 9 weeks I got an rapid HIV test (Alere Determine) that came out negative.

The problem is, although I am off these antibiotics and have tried Nystatin, I am unable to get rid of this thrush. I tested again at 12 weeks (87 days) with this Alere Determine and it came out negative as well.

I know my chances are very very small after this exposure. I don't know, though, why this oral thrush is not going away, even after discontinuing antibiotics.

Do I need to get tested again using a different test? Do you know anything about this Alere Determine test? Does this oral thrush seem odd for lasting so long (going on a month almost)? Is HIV my problem?

Please help.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

Insertive oral sex is a low-risk activity. I do not think that you need to be tested for an incident like this. The test you took is approved by the FDA for detecting the presence of HIV.

I am not sure why the thrush continues. I would suggest a visit to the doctor to discuss what is the cause. It is not HIV.

In health,

Richard

window period 6 months high risk
Are this symptoms are HIV symptoms.