HIV transmission to others concern
Jun 30, 2012
I had unprotected sex a few months ago, and while I know I didnt contract any STDs, I did not get tested for HIV. I had blood on my finger after scratching a bug bite too much, and was wondering if I could have infected anyone else (if I did have HIV) by touching a door knob or something else in my office and someone else touching it later? Thanks.
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi No you cannot and having unprotected sex puts you at risk for HIV. Anyone who has unprotected sex should be tested.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anxiety Of Thinking You Have Can Cause Hiv Symptoms
- How Long Does The Hiv Virus Live On A Razor Blade?
- Can A Person Have Hiv For 10 Years And Not Know It?
- Canker Sores And Hiv Transmission?
- How Long Does It Take To Become Infected With Hiv After Exposure?
- Can Antibiotics Fight Hiv If Taken Immediately?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.