HIV and rare SubTypes

Hi Shannon

Hope you are well. I am really worried about what is wrong with me. I has a possible exposure 5 year ago (2007)and have had numerous hiv rapid tests done, 4th gen abbott testing (think this is by Elisa), Naat Testing after 6 months from possible exposure. I also has two PCR test done within the window period.

Now I have always been healthly but in the last 4 years I have developed swollen lymph nodes (gets more frequent each year - daily) that appear all over my body as well as IBS and weight loss.

Can it be that the above tests did not pick up a possible rare subtype of HIV. I live in South Africa and all testing was done here.

Please give a suggestion on a way forward...I forgot to mention I also completed a course of PEP

Thanks

Hi All your test show that you are negative. What the HIV test is picking up is your bodies antibodies against HIV no matter which strain you have the test will pick this up. Also the additional testing of the PCR is measuring viral load and that was negative. Meaning that the virus is not present.

You are HIV negative, be well and stay safe, Shannon

HIV
fremch kissing with bleeding gums