Pregnant worried woman, thanks so much for your response

Hi Mrs Shannon Southwall,

Thank you so much for responding to my worries about HIV and the risk towards my unborn child. I am trying to relax and enjoy the last week of my pregnancy and the birth of my child, it is just a bit hard for me. I just keep thinking what if. I have been sick every since that day, with sore throat, cough that is still happening(June 7th was when I ate the sandwich)nausea...So right away I think of ARS....I an trying to relax but it is very hard. I ask my Dr. about it and she kind of looked at me as if I was stupid....I just do not want to put my baby at risk....

Thanks again.....

I am sorry for repeating the question but there was something that was not specifically answered....This was my previous question plus an answer from Dr. Weidman, But I guess the way my mind works is I am really worried that it was blood on my sandwich, so worst case scenario if it was blood, what are the cahnces of getting HIV. I read that HIV would be killed from the acid in your stomache so the chance is low, but what about if HIV blood is in your food and it is going down your throat. Is there a chance. I am about to give birth in 2 weeks and I am so scared that I may have got my baby sick and am wondering if I should even breastfeed him/her.

I went to a new place to eat. They serve sandwichs that they toast in an oven( it was very tasty) When they served it to my table, I noticed that on the botton of the bread there seemd to be a large spot that was wet, or greasy with something. Not quite sure of the color...Maybe just butter but now I am worried. Normally I would not have eaten it, but I am pregnant and have gestational diabetes and have been having really hypo glycimies and I start to sweat and shake and that is how I was feeling at that moment, and I was so hungry so I ate the whole thing wthout worriying. After wards I started worrying and I was getting a really sore throat. My dore throat persisted though out the night and is still there. I also seem to be getting a cold. I am now concered that the young man who made my sandwich had HIV and it was blood on the bottom of my bread and now I am going to get HIV and give it to my unborn baby. I know that the guy had gloves on, He had tatoos up his arm, so tattoos also make me scared that people could have HIV/Hep.

What are my chances I got HIV from the wet looking spot on the bread. And how is it that I read that HIV would not survive in the stomach acid. Getting in your stomach would give it access to the bloodstream, or little cuts going down te espohogus....I am sooo scare, cause I started getting sore throat and feeling sick shortly after..

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am just really scared for my baby that is soon going to be born. I would be worried to breast feed him/her if there is something that could be transmitted...

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- No, you cannot get HIV from soggy bread. My guess is that those sandwiches do include some butter to make them deliciously toasted and while you may get an elevated cholesterol, you cannot get HIV. Eat away. Take care, LHW

Response from Ms. Southall HI You cannot get HIV this way and all the answers you have been given have provided the reasons why. Please put your mind at ease and enjoy your pregnancy and the birth of your child!

Be well and enjoy your new child! Shannon

Hi I'm hoping you have been able to move on and enjoy the birth of your child!

Be well and good luck with the new baby and enjoy! Shannon

Remained semen on penis head not circumsided
HIV